Purpose. To announce the semi-annual Veteran College Scholarship opportunity for Veterans and other eligible persons.
General. The Southwest Veterans Foundation (SWVF) is the charitable arm of the Southwest Veterans Chamber of Commerce. The SWVF will award its next round of college scholarships to eligible Veterans (or eligible Veteran spouse/child) on or about May 1, 2018. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, classroom supplies, room and board, and other direct or indirect fees levied by the educational institution coincident to college enrollment and attendance.
Eligibility. There are three eligibility categories:
• Veterans with an Honorable Discharge
• Currently serving Military Reservists and National Guard (Active duty are not eligible)
• Spouses and children of military personnel Killed in Action or 100% service disabled
Proof of Eligibility
• Veterans. DD-214
• Reserve and National Guard. Proof of current Reserve or National Guard service and obligation.
• Spouse or child of Veteran. Proof of relationship to deceased or disabled Service-member and proof of combat death or 100% disability.